World of Tanks 8.2 is available to test!
Wargaming has made 8.2 available on the public test server. You can download the test client here.
When running the installer, make sure to pick a different location than your regular World of Tanks installation.
- New Chinese Tech Tree added (17 vehicles, light, medium and heavy tanks). Light Tank Tier I Renault NC-31 will be given to all players along with a new garage slot.
- New line of American tanks added: light Т21, light Т71, medium Т69, medium Т54E1, heavy T57 (Researching this line starts/extends from medium М7 tank).
- New premium tanks available for purchasing: British heavy tank TOG-2, British TD АТ-15А, French heavy tank 1945 FCM 50t.
- Reworked the following maps with the new render: Prokhorovka, Redshire, Erlenberg, Ruinberg.
- Reworked sounds of ricochets, tanks hits and penetrations
- Reworked sounds of round hits in landscape and ambient objects
- Reworked sounds of low-caliber guns
- Added Jordanian flag to emblems
- Added the “Patton Valley” achievement for the destruction of 100 M46 Patton or M48A1 Patton III. After the update release all previously destroyed tanks (of this type) will be counted.
- New “commemorative” – achievements without a grade, which can be granted to a number of players, several times per battle:
- ‘Lucky’ – Witness the destruction of an enemy vehicle by an enemy team player. You must be 10 meters or less from the enemy vehicle at the moment of its destruction.
- ‘Cool-Headed’ – Survive at least 10 ricochets and non-penetrations in a row from enemy team players.
- ‘Spartan’ - Survive a ricochet or non-penetration from an enemy team player. Your vehicle must have less than 10% of its hit points left.
- ‘Ranger’ - Destroy all enemy light tanks (at least 3) in the course of one battle.
- Fallen trees are counted as masking cover (like bushes) for the visibility system (fallen trees were excluded from the calculation of visibility earlier).
- Reduce or completely removed tank vibration on ruins, rails and small objects.
- Increased radius of gun fire and hits sounds, Changed the way these effects sound on distance
- ‘Brothers-In-Arms’ perk now gives bonus to ‘Mentor’ perk
- Changed to historical armoring of the Т-34-85, IS, Matilda (British) tanks.
- Changed the hull weight of the Churchill LL tank from 22000 to 20869 kg.
- Changed the weight of the AEC A190 engine from 400 to 800 kg.
- Changed the hull weight of the Valentine LL tank from 8700 to 8300 kg.
- Reduced the research cost of the 2x Leyland E164 engine for Matilda tank to 310 experience points.
- Increased the research cost of the Churchill tank after the Matilda tank to 11500 experience points.
- Fixed the receiving mechanics of the “Sniper” achievement
- “Patrol Duty” achievement is counted in the “Kay’s Medal” achievement
- The Panther M10 added to the “Hunter” achievement
Graphics and technical improvements
- Draw distance (settings/graphics/draw distance) increased for minimum graphics quality settings from 400 to 600 meters, and from 1000 to 1400 meters for maximum graphics quality.
- Improved rendering performance of trees and vegetation – this should reduce performance drawdown in the sniper mode when one has a large amount of vegetation on the screen.
- Low performance fixed for some configurations (mainly for Radeon VGAs) for the following maps: Steppes, South Coast, Highway, Mines, Widepark, Abbey.
- Fixed wrong auto-detect of the Texture Quality in the Graphics quality menu.
- Reworked and optimized some destruction effects of buildings and objects
- Some ambient objects were reworked and readjusted basing on productivity of improved graphics
- Added shadow of the vehicle in garage
- Added effect of decreased brightness and density of emblems and inscriptions while in post-mortem mode
- Battle Interface: module icons (left bottom corner of the screen) now has an interactive repair progress indicator.
- Fixed sharp camera angles change when interacting with other objects (tanks) in some situations.
- In the tank tech trees the distance between the levels of the tanks was reduced.
- In the tank tech tree the way out to the common tech tree of the nation was changed (the button with the flag of the nation instead of labels, links).
- In the tank tech tree research cost and the purchase price for the tanks and the module will be displayed regardless the state of the tank/module.
- In the tech tree, If there is a shortage of resources or expertise, the pop up will show how much experience or credits is needed for leveling / purchase.
- In the tech tree tank’s experience representation was changed.
- For post-mortem mode of viewing players from your team:
- Fixed drowning indicator display
- Added the display of ‘empty ammorack’ display
- Added the status of tank modules and tank crewmembers' display
- Removed display of damage to allies from after-battle statistics
- The login message ‘Cannot connect. Probably connection is blocked by firewall’ changed to ‘Unable to connect to the server. Probably server is on maintenance or connection settings check is required’
- The old message about attempt of login with old version of the client changed from
- "The login packet sent to the server was malformed" to "Error in authorization on game server. Probably your game client version is outdated or damaged’
- Changed armoring displaying interface (without displaying the armoring itself) of the SU-5, T-46, КВ-13, SU-85B, SU-101, Object 268, KV-2, KV-3, IS-3, KV-4, IS-8, IS-7, ISU-152, VK 4502 A, PzV Panther, Centurion, Centurion Mk3, FV4202, Covenanter, Cruiser MkI, Valentine, Caernarvon, Centurion, M6.
- Structured the visualization of the British tanks.
- Fully reworked the design of tank selling window
- Found and fixed the bug when a projectile disappears after penetration of the mantle, hitting the gun and the gun is ‘not damaged’.
- Fixed a bug with the disappearance of the shell after breaking the spaced armor and the subsequent rebound of the main armor of the tank.
- Fixed "flying" tanks at high ping and significant loss of data packets.
- Fixed displacement and "tugging" of aim in the sniper mode.
- Fixed an abnormally high damage from ramming in some cases.
- Fixed a low cost of repair of the tank in case of flooding.
- Fixed blocking of a flooded tank after battles on the global map.
- Fixed a bug when in some cases a destroyed by enemy ally’s tank continued to gain experience for the damage of spotted enemy vehicle during the battle.
- Fixed the rare issue, which caused players to be balanced in excluded game modes
- Fixed the disappearance of destroyed vehicles burning effect on relevantly close distances
- Fixed the display and collision models discrepancy of some buildings and objects
- Fixed possibility to enter ‘before-battle UI’ of special battles, which one cannot leave afterwards
- Fixed different rounding of W/L ratio percentage in different statistics windows
- From the after-battle statistics ‘battle efficiency’ tab removed damage dealt to own vehicle
- Fixed the error, which caused rare cases of Ammo Rack critical hit not being counted in after-battle statistics
- Fixed the error of displaying on minimap SPG marker as Tank marker
- Fixed the influence of some sniper reticule settings on arcade reticule
- Fixed some errors in list of complaints in after-battle statistics.
- Fixed camouflage errors of the Pz V/IV, A-32 tanks.
- Fixed models and texture errors of the Object 268, T-46, IS-8 vehicles.
- Fixed inscriptions and emblems of the KV-5, M5 Stuart tanks.
- Fixed destroyed models errors of the Gw Panther, Е-100, Lowe, Grille, Lorraine39 L AM, Lorraine40t, T25-2, Panther M10, Object 212, Object 704, AMX 13F3AM, AMX 105AM, ARL 44, Matilda (British), AMX13-75 vehicles.
- Fixed incorrect shot effect of the 8.8cm KwK43 L/71 gun for the Tiger tank.
- Fixed incorrect exhaust effect of the В-2К engine for the KV engine.
- Fixed names of some American tanks.
- Fixed incorrect displaying of hit/penetration marks on the KV-1S, Т110Е4.
- Fixed the receiving description of the “Top Gun” and “Sniper” achievements.
- Fixed the description of the “de Langlade's Medal” achievement
So what are you waiting for?