Earlier today, the much anticipated Preseason 3 Patch went live on League of Legends. This patch contained massive changes to some core mechanics and introduced many new items.
- Increased the amount of passive gold and reduced the amount gained from killing minions.
- Changes to the jungle to promote a wider variety of jungling champions, increase the difficulty, and scale the rewards better as the game goes on.
- Too many item removals, additions, and modifications to list in a summary.
- Increased the base speed of all champions and reduced the speed gained from boots. Boots can now be given additional special effects for gold.
- Increased the cooldown on Flash and Ignite. Other Summoner skills were buffed to promote a more diverse skillset.
- All Mastery Pages have been reset and the Mastery trees have been completely reworked.
- Percentage Penetration now applies before Flat Penetration; several items and runes have been nerfed accordingly.
- Skillshots fired from the fog of war will now be visible thanks to a bug fix.
Conspicuous by her absence is Riot’s newest support champion, Nami the Tidecaller. This character's release is highly anticipated, but has been pushed back due to issues and bugs in testing.
Check out the full patch notes and video blog for more detailed information on these changes.